Friday, August 6, 2010

Harper one day old

The first 24 hours were good. Family and friends coming to visit. And we tried to take in every little part of sweet Harper. She was ok the first night. She settled down around 2 AM and then slept for several hours...with me waking her up every three hours to eat. She loves to be swaddled and has become a good eater. Today was a very laid back day. Maw Maw came by and brought the girls to visit but most of the day we just laid around with the baby.
But that evening we started to have a little bit of excitement. Around 5:30 PM, Dr. Fountain came by to check on me. Everything looked great, I felt sore but good and we even talked about going home the next day. Within an hour of him leaving the hospital I started to notice my ears swelling up. Then my neck started to itch. The nurse thought I was having a small allergic reaction to something and gave me a dose of benadryl at 7:30. Four hours later I woke up and noticed no change other then my face swelling up...so they gave me more benadryl. Four hours later I woke up and it was even worse! Hives all over my face, neck, back and upper arms. So they called in a allergist to check me out. We could not figure out what was causing the problem, we are guessing one of the pain medicines...Percocet. So they started me on steroids and told me I would be staying one more day. I tried to take a picture that morning but most the swelling had already gone down and you couldn't see how I truly looked like an umpa lump.
Grace was so excited to see Harper today. She asked to hold her right away.
The girls got more presents then mommy or Harper. Silly bands, sticker books, paints, chalk, etc.
Olivia wanted to hold Harper but it only last for a few short minutes.



Maw Maw finally got a turn

Love this picture of me and my Olivia!
Grace could hold and kiss on "her baby" for hours.

So far Harper seems like a sweet content baby. She doesn't show her eyes very often. She eats every three hours for about thirty minutes.





I love her hair


Already has him wrapped around her little finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment