Monday, August 8, 2011

Ears Pierced

Grace is sadly growing up.

Several months back she asked to get her ears pierced. We told her exactly what would happen and that is would hurt, she quickly changed her mind. Then about three weeks ago she asked again. So AGAIN, Chad and I told her about the gun, pain, etc. This time she didn't care and continued to ask. So we told her that is she filed her marble jar we would take her. I honestly thought it would give her enough time to think about it and change her mind.

For two weeks she did whatever she could to do to help around the house to get more marbles. I think one day she folded five loads of laundry. I started to get a little worried that this might actually happen. I know many parents have their children wait till they are a little older to have this done. I honestly couldn't think of enough reasons to make her wait.

On Sunday, July 31st, we headed to Claire's to get some holes. Earlier in the day she did get a little nervous and asked me if it was ok if she cried. She even asked me if I cried when I got mine done. Right before we got in the car I asked if she was nervous and scared, her response was, "no, I am just happy".

She sat in the chair and waited her turn. I asked if she wanted to hold my hand and she shook her head no. She picked out daisy ear years with all different colors...after mom told her no to the Hello Kitty ones.

Then they put one mark on both ears and had two associates with two guns get give her ear rings. Grace didn't move or cry. She jumped right up and gave us hugs! She says it didn't hurt and was ready to show the world her new ears.


Love her attitude and her pain tolerance!

Then their is Olivia. She told us she was going to get her ears done as well. We didn't tell her now but we did make sure that Grace went first. I wanted her to see the guns and wanted her to see the pain. BUT that back fired when Grace grinned from ear to ear after the pierce. So we let this other little girl go next. After Olivia saw her cry she changed her mind, shoo, that was close. Don't think I was emotionally ready for my three year old to get it done.

But Olivia had a blast in the store that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment