Friday, July 9, 2010

Olivia is Teaching Herself

Olivia has decided she is going to potty train herself. Mommy didn't think she was ready for this stage but it has now come and she is doing a great job! It started Wednesday morning when she got herself dressed, stripped off her diaper and was running around with just a shirt on. She stopped in the den and looked at me and said, "I pee pee". I looked down on the floor only to see a dime size wet spot so I told her to go to the potty. She ran in there and released the rest. And it's all gone uphill from there. She doesn't want to wear diapers anymore...only panties or a pull up. We went to Walmart to allow her to pick out some panties...she choose mickey mouse (really minnie but she calls it all mickey) and Dora. She is very proud to wear them. At the house she will just run to the potty or tell me she needs to pee pee. I ask her all day if she needs to go but I don't think I really need to be....she knows when she needs to go. She has stayed dry for two nights and through two naps. In fact, she has gotten up twice after she has been laid down and told us she needs to go. Chad and I thought this might be her new excuse for not being in bed but she went both times. We now take the training potty in the car and has stayed dry during two or our three outing. She is so proud of herself smiling ear to ear when she potties and will say to me, "You proud of me, mama". So cute!!!
So I am trying not to count my chickens before they hatch but it looks like we may just have one in diapers when Harper comes. And may I add...I really hope it is this easy to get her trained...it took us MONTHS to train Grace.
*Now just to get Grace out of her night time pull up.

3 comments:

  1. I want to teach her I LOVE potty age, so easy to get some kidpussy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to raw dog that bitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. HER GIRL TOLD ME THAT SHE WAS NEEDING TO GO PEE PEE AND HER GIRL WENT TO THE TOILET AND HER GIRL SAT ON THE TOILET AND HER GIRL WENT PEE PEE IN THE TOILET

    ReplyDelete