Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4 weeks 5 days

I have four weeks and five days until my c-section is scheduled for Harper. We are all getting very excited for her to get here. The best words I hear around the house right now is Grace saying, "I can't wait to meet my baby.", as she rubs my belly. Olivia came early, the beginning of the 38th week, and I have this gut feeling that this baby may just do the same thing.

I had a growth scan yesterday by ultrasound. The tech measured her head, abdomen and femur (twice). Her head is measuring 40 weeks (all my girls had big heads), her abdomen was 39 weeks and her femur was 36 weeks. This put her over the charts for size at 34 weeks and weighing somewhere at 6lbs 12 oz - 7lbs. The doctor is not worried about the size and says since a c-section is already scheduled there is nothing to worry about. His words to me were..."You just make big babies and this may be the biggest one yet.". My weight is still three pounds lighter then when I got pregnant. My body is starting to feel the weight of the baby with soreness in my lower abdomen.

We are almost completely ready. The crib is made and clothes are washed. We still need to put the carseat in the car, put the pack-n-play up and pack hospital bags...oh and I have to figure out what to do with the older two during the birth.

So for now we wait for our precious Harper to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment